5.11 Ascend Sunglasses are designed with plain smoke lenses providing maximum glare reduction without distorting colours. Virtually indestructible with its Grilamid TM TR-90 nylon frame, the Ascend model offers a slight arch to the arm with aesthetic lines. Lenses are scratch, crack and craze resistant.
· Plain Smoke lenses allow light transmission of 15%
· Gloss Black GrilamidTM TR-90 nylon frame with great peripheral vision
· Smoke distortion-free 8 base lenses provide 100% UVA and UVB protection and are scratch, crack, and craze-resistant
· Exceeds ANSI Z87.1-2003 and EN 166 (F) High Velocity Impact Safety and Optical Standards
· Adjustable soft TPR nose piece and temple inserts keep eyewear in place
· Includes zippered compression molded protective case with SlickStick™ web platform attachment point, cleaning bag, and neck strap
· Created in partnership with Wiley X® Performance Eyewear, who designs and manufactures exclusive eyewear for 5.11 Tactical.
Styling and Safety
5.11 Tactical uses input from law enforcement, special operations and fire personnel to produce high quality eyewear that looks great and provides unexcelled safety. They exceed ANSI Z87.1-2003 and EN 166 (F) High Velocity Impact Safety and Optical Standards.
Features and Benefits
Smoke lenses provide maximum glare reduction, won't distort colors, and are excellent in bright/glare conditions. T-Shell TM coating means resistance to scratching, cracking, and crazing. Selenite TM polycarbonate is die-cut to produce lenses without distortion from any angle and is ten times more impact resistance than glass or resin lenses. Frames are built with Grilamid TM TR-90, a homopolyamide nylon characterized by an extremely high alternative bending strength, low density, and high resistance to chemical and UV damage. They are virtually indestructible.
Quality and Product Development Expertise
5.11 Tactical® eyewear is designed, developed, and manufactured by Wiley X® Eyewear who achieves industry-leading standards through their precision manufacturing and state-of-the-art quality control.